While I was still basking in the euphoria of being nominated for The Versatile Blogger award, Amanda who blogs here (and who also runs The Bloggers Meetup alongside myself and Eric) nominated me for the Liebster award.
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank your nominator.
- Share the award on your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions asked to you.
- Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominees.
- Notify them.
Without typing another epistle, I’m going straight to answer the questions Amanda asked 🙂
Who is your favourite author?
How did you decide on your blog name?
Unfortunately there is no grand story behind my blog name lol. My name is Amina (also spelled as Ameena, and I have a lot of moments where I reflect – hence Musings…
Combine both – Ameena’s Musings!
If you listen to music while blogging, what genre is your muse?
Honestly, I just pick a random station on Spotify and listen to it. I’m not fussy. Most times, I don’t like to listen to music when I’m writing a post. Silence sometimes brings clarity.
Who is your biggest blog fan?
I would say my biggest blog fan is Lauren Stanton. She stumbled on my blog in a GooglePlus community and reached out. She reads all my posts and also comments. I actually always look forward to her comments now. *waving at Lauren*
Why did you decide to blog?
I started a previous blog several years ago that I closed down as I felt it wasn’t defined. It was all over the place. I didn’t have a set theme… Then I happened to go on maternity leave last year and I seemed to have a lot of free time to myself. I had kept a diary while pregnant and then I had a light bulb moment – start another blog!
It took a while for me to actually set it up – shout out to my husband and my friend Taiwo for encouraging me.
What is your best piece of advice to anyone considering blogging?
Find your passion and blog about it. Find ways to constantly inspire yourself.
What is your goal for your blog in 2016?
Put more of my work out there… Join a community where I can meet other bloggers and possibly do collaborations.
What is your favourite blog to read (besides your own)?
I follow so many blogs, it’s so hard to choose. My favourite blog to read right now is Nortina Simmon’s blog Lovely Curses.
What is your favourite movie?
My favourite movie this year is Belle – it was actually released in 2013 but I only just watched it last month. However, it’s still early in the year and this is subject to change.
If you could travel anywhere, where would you travel?
At the top of my travel list is Seychelles – who wouldn’t want to go there!!!
My nominations are:
- Oluwatosin of Tee Faith’s Corner;
- Juni Desireé who blogs here;
- Again Lauren Stanton (‘cos she’s the absolute sweetest 🙂 );
- Owl of Owl Dragonash;
- Beauty blogger D3ola of Omogemura;
- Fashion, beauty and lifestyle blogger, ‘Denike of Demure ‘Denike;
- Fairy Queen Tanya who blogs here (Yea, i remembered the meaning of your name 😀 );
- My very good friend Taiwo of Foodie in Lagos;
- Usfman who runs Snippets of a Travelling Mind and
- Shamilah (Deranged bibliophile with a serious cupcake addiction) who blogs here.
My questions for you are:
- How did you decide on your blog name?
- Why did you decide to blog?
- What is the goal for for blog in 2016?
- What is your favourite blog to read (besides your own)?
- How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
- Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?
- Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
- What is your best piece of advice to anyone considering blogging?
- In the future where do you hope your blog will take you?
- What is your most prized possession?